Bridging academic and employability skills to educate the next generation of citizen scholars
The FUSION Skill Development Program is a series of skill-specific, interactive and self-directed online modules hosted by Teaching and Learning Services and accessible via Brightspace.
FUSION aims to help students develop and transfer a range of skills to future work, learning, or personal situations and environments. Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Explore key skills critical to 21st century success and leadership
- Apply these skills to their unique contexts
- Reflect on how they have developed these skills
Students who complete the FUSION modules can earn credits toward their Co-Curricular Record (CCR) to enhance their resumes and career portfolios.
With special attention to equity and inclusion, FUSION’s initiatives also seek to expand access to skill development experiences and reflections for traditionally underrepresented students.
The FUSION (Future Skills Innovation Network) project was launched in 2020 as part of the federal government-funded Future Skills Centre across a network of Canadian universities.
The FUSION program currently consists of the following skill modules:
- Problem solving
- Self-management (available November 2022)
Currently, the FUSION modules are only available as part of select academic courses (instructors’ choice) and as part of specific experiential learning or work-integrated learning opportunities at Carleton. However, the program will be available for self-enrolment to all undergraduate and graduate students in the future.
For further information, please visit our instructor/administrator or student information pages.
- David Hornsby, Associate Vice-President (Teaching and Learning)
- Jared Robinson, Assistant Director, Teaching Excellence and Innovation
- Nestor Querido, Future Learning Lab Supervisor
- Caroline Andison, Future Learning Lab Program Coordinator (FUSION)
- Aleksandra Minic, Future Learning Lab Program Coordinator (SaPP & I-CUREUS)
- Jill Goodkey, Future Learning Lab Administrator
- Justyna Szluinska, Instructional Design Coordinator
If you have any questions about the FUSION project, please contact email@example.com.