Brightspace by D2L is Carleton’s Learning Management System (LMS) and digital learning environment. Within Brightspace, students can:
- Access course content, like lecture slides and videos, and download files.
- Join synchronous lectures, like the ones hosted in BigBlueButton or Zoom.
- Submit assignments and view assignment feedback.
- Complete online tests and exams using the quiz tool.
- Engage with your classmates, TAs and instructor in online discussions.
- And more!
Student Brightspace Support
- Visit the Brightspace Student Support website for documentation on how to navigate and use the system.
- Check out the Brightspace Student channel in Mediaspace, where you’ll find a short video tour of Brightspace, demonstrations of completing a quiz and submitting an assignment, and other video tours.
- Read this important information about course visibility if you cannot see your course in Brightspace.
- Get answers to your questions anytime via email, chat and phone by accessing D2L’s on-demand technical support for Brightspace, available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. For assistance with email, network or login issues, please contact the ITS Service Desk.