- Join a Zoom Meeting
- Join a Meeting from Brightspace
Zoom is a web-based video conferencing service for collaborating with others online. It is available across multiple platforms such as desktop and mobile. Your instructor may be using Zoom to hold classes online. You can also use Zoom to meet with your classmates for group projects or study groups.
Join a Zoom Meeting
You can join a Zoom meeting from the Zoom desktop application, a web browser, or within a D2L Brightspace course.
Join a Meeting from Brightspace
- Log in to Brightspace with your MyCarletonOne username and password.
- Click on your course under My Courses or the course selector grid
- Click Content in the course Navbar.
- In the left sidebar, click the module name under Table of Contents to open the module that holds the Zoom meeting link.
- Click the Zoom link to open it.
- Find the relevant meeting from the list and click Join.
|NOTE: Check the Zoom link well before class time to confirm which meeting to join. If you are not sure which meeting link to join, this information may be available on the syllabus, in a lecture or video, in a module description or elsewhere in the course.
- A new tab will open in your browser. We recommend downloading the Zoom Desktop Application and keeping it up to date to ensure you can fully utilize Zoom’s features and prevent running into technical issues. In the new browser tab, click Open Zoom Meetings in the pop-up window to open the meeting in the Zoom Desktop Application.
|NOTE: If a pop-up does not appear, click Launch Meeting.
- Enter the password provided by your instructor, if necessary.
- After these steps, you may find yourself in a waiting room. Your instructor will let participants into the Zoom classroom when they are ready.
Was this page helpful?
4 people found this useful