- Taking a Quiz/Exam
- Related Support Links
- Viewing Quiz Feedback
The Quiz tool is a common form of assessment for quizzes, tests, or exams in an online course. Online quizzes can include many different question types, including multiple choice, short answer, and essay. Instructors may set up restriction settings including time and date restrictions, and limits on whether you can return to previous questions.
For more information about writing online exams, visit the following sites:
Taking a Quiz/Exam
Both Exams and Quizzes use the same tool in D2L Brightspace–the Quiz tool. Instructions are included below to step you through the process of taking a quiz/exam in Brightspace. See the video tutorial above for a visual of this process.
|NOTE: Be sure to clarify the quiz settings before starting the quiz and to read the quiz details completely at the start of your quiz attempt. If you encounter difficulties during your quiz, take screen shots of any error messages. Include as much information as possible in the screen shot including the date and time, the browser tool bar, and the entire browser window. Email your instructor the with details of your quiz issue and include the screenshot so your instructor has as much information as possible.
- Log in to Brightspace with your MyCarletonOne credentials.
- Click on your course under My Courses or the course selector grid
- Find your quiz in one of the following ways:
- Find the quiz link in a module.
- Click Content in the navbar.
- Click the module in the left-side menu.
- Click the quiz.
|NOTE: It is possible that your instructor has not added a link to the quiz to a module. If you cannot find the quiz, navigate to the quiz tool as described below.
- Navigate to the quiz tool.
- Click Tools in the navbar.
- Click Quizzes.
- Click the quiz.
- Review the Quiz Summary. This will tell you how much time you have to complete the quiz and how many attempts you have. Read the instructions carefully and take note of any restrictions. This page may also include an introduction or other details from your instructor.
- Click Start Quiz! when you are ready to begin.
- Complete the quiz questions. During the quiz you will see a quiz navigation section on the left hand side. If available, use this to jump to a specific question and see how many questions are remaining. The quiz navigation will track your progress by adding a checkmark underneath completed questions.
|NOTE: If available, use the Previous Page and Next Page buttons to navigate through the various pages of the quiz.
- To close the quiz during an attempt, click the X in the top right corner.
|WARNING: Closing a quiz mid-attempt will not stop the timer.
- Click Submit Quiz when you are finished. This will bring you to a quiz submission confirmation page.
|TIP: Any unanswered questions will appear on this page under a Warning heading. Click on the blue question title to complete the question.
- Click Submit Quiz.
|WARNING: When you press the Submit Quiz button you cannot return to the quiz. You will not be able to alter answers or add responses to skipped questions.
- Read the review page details. Depending on the quiz settings, this could include the questions, feedback, your score or the class average.
- Click Done.You have now completed the quiz.
Related Support Links
Viewing Quiz Feedback
See the video tutorial below for an overview of how to view quiz feedback in Brightspace.
Was this page helpful?
15 people found this useful