DAAD offers grants for one to three months in all academic disciplines to scholars at US and Canadian institutions of higher education to pursue research at universities, libraries, archives, institutes or laboratories in Germany. The aim of this particular program is to support short-term research stays and thus promote the exchange of experience and networking amongst colleagues.
Grants are awarded for research and working projects and cannot be used for travel only. Airfare to Germany will not be covered and lecture tours, attendance at conferences or conventions, editorial meetings or extended guest professorships are not funded.
Scholars at US or Canadian universities or research institutions who hold the Ph.D. (or equivalent) and have been working in research or teaching full time for at least two years at the time of application and after receipt of the doctorate are eligible.
Duration of the funding
- One to three months; the length of the grant is decided by a selection committee and depends on the project in question and the applicant’s work schedule.
- The grant is non-renewable.
Monthly payments of EUR 2,000 for lecturers and assistant professors and EUR 2,150 for associate professors and full professors.
- Full details regarding the Research Stays opportunity
|CORIS Deadline for Internal Review||Please contact Heloise Emdon|
|cuResearch Checklist Deadline||October 08, 2017|
|Submission to Sponsor||October 15, 2017|
Submitting Your Checklist
- Checklists must be submitted via cuResearch, through which Departmental and Associate Dean’s approval must be provided to complete the online application process.
- More information on cuResearch can be found here.
If you would like assistance with proposal development and/or a substantive review of your proposal, please contact Heloise Emdon.