The Mitacs-SICI Globalink Research Awards can provide funding for research collaborations between Canadian and SICI member institutions. This program can be used to support large scale research collaborations between SICI’s Indian and Canadian member institutions, as well as individual research projects. Eligible participants (Master’s, PhD, Postdocs) from India and Canada (each way) apply to conduct joint research projects with academic collaborators/supervisors at SICI’s Indian / Canadian member universities for a period of 12-24 weeks (25% of the time can be spent at the home institution).
The Applicant must:
- Be registered as full-time Master’s, Ph.D. student, or postdoctoral fellow at an eligible Indian/ Canadian university or institution and remain as such throughout their Globalink Research Award. Postdoctoral fellows may apply if their date of graduation from a PhD program is no more than 5 years prior to the proposed start date of the research project.
- Be from SICI member institutions.
- Not undertake a research project at an institution where they have previously completed a degree and/or been employed.
- Be the legal age of majority in India/Canada (18 years of age or older)
- Meet travel requirements for their intended destination, including visa and/or immigration requirements and associated documentation
- Not be previously awarded a Globalink Research Award
CAD$ 6,000/per project.
For proposal development/substantive review and institutional signature on application, please contact Sylvie Jasen
The Programme is open to receive applications throughout the year. However, once the numbers of designated awards are made, programme will close. Applicants are advised to apply at their earliest to secure an award.
Submitting your application
For the application forms and procedures, please visit the SICI website here. For assistance or additional information, please contact Sylvie Jasen, International Projects Coordinator, at email@example.com.