Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute is pleased to announce a call for applications for Shastri Mobility Programme (SMP) for the faculty members/ educational administrators from its Canadian and Indian Member Institutions of good standing to study and learn best practices of partner country. This programme is for SICI’s Member Institutions who wish to bring about a change in his/her university by understanding the Canadian/Indian education system, interested to develop curriculum on the pattern of partner country,willing to build up a course, wants to deliver lectures or interested to teach a module/part of a course via online teaching methods. For more details, kindly refer COVID-19 policy of the Institute.
ThisProgramme has two components i.e. Academicians and Educational Administrators. The programme will provide an opportunity for personal enrichment and professional development for academicians/ educational administrators. The programme will enable higher education officials to create empowering connections with the societal, cultural and higher education systems of Canada and India. Recipients will have an opportunity to learn about the host country’s education system as well as establishing networks. This experience will also permit senior academicians/ educational administrators to collaborate with colleagues abroad, share professional experiences, hone expertise and diversify academic curricula. The Institute welcomes proposal from all domains of knowledge/ discipline under SMP.
Please note that for purposes of all SICI granting programs, ‘research’ shall be deemed to include creative activity conducted within the structures and programs of a member institution.
- The applicant should be a full-time faculty member of a Canadian or Indian member institution.
- Faculty members/Educational administrators of Canadian and Indian member institutions of Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute and their constituent colleges/ institutes are eligible to apply for this grant.
- Complete application form along with all required documents at GMS Portal on or before August 17, 2020 by 5:00 pm (IST).
- Incomplete applications will not be entertained.
- Employer’s endorsement is a must for application submission to avoid any unanticipated problem later on.
- Minimum of two reference/support letters to be provided towards your candidature for the award mentioning your caliber.
- A letter of invitation from the host institution is must.
- Certificate of Ethical Approval (if applicable).
Value of Award: 500-1000 CAD (Insofar as not provided by the applicant’s home institution, expenses related to subscription of online meeting software, telephone bills, internet connection, affiliation fee/registration fee to access lab facility or library will be considered, if any).
For proposal development/substantive review, please contact Sylvie Jasen
|Faculty Deadline||Consult Sylvie Jasen|
|OVPRI Approval Form Deadline||August 10, 2020|
|Submission to Sponsor||August 17, 2020 7:30 AM EST|
Submitting Your Application
- Step 1) Submit an internal Carleton Approval Form
Submit an internal Approval Form through our central awards management database CUResearch:
For a user’s guide on submitting an Approval Form, click here.
- Step 2) Submit an external application to the granting agency
Submit an external application to the corresponding grant or award agency. For further details about funding categories, eligibility criteria and deadlines for this opportunity, click here.