Development Grants Suite – DEADLINE Sunday, May 31, 2020
- Purpose: To provide financial support for a single defined research project that will help initiate or bridge a faculty member’s research program when other funding sources are not available. It is expected that this funding will lead to an application for external funding within 12-18 months of the end date of the grant.
- All full-time tenured or tenure-track faculty members (Assistant, Associate, Full) at Carleton are eligible to apply.
- The subject matter must be consistent with the mandate of one of the three Tri-Council agencies.
- A professor may only submit one application in a given year to the CU Development Grants suite (SSHRC Explore, NSE or Health Research Development Grants competitions) and they must not have been awarded a CU Development Grant since 2017. If they were awarded 2017 or prior, they must have submitted the necessary reporting for that award.
- Previous recipients of a CU Development Grant (Explore, NSE or Health) must demonstrate that the proposed single defined research project involves different objectives than their past grant(s) and that there is no duplication of funding for any of the proposed activities.
- A CU Research Development Grant (Explore, NSE or Health Research) may NOT be held in conjunction with a SSHRC Exchange – Knowledge Mobilization Grant or Carleton International Research Seed Grant.
- Value: up to $10,000*
- Duration: 1 year**
- Results Announced: Approximately 6 to 8 weeks after the application deadline
- Funding for this program is awarded through separate competitions:
Please note that ethics clearance, if required, must be in place before funds can be released.
*The SSHRC Explore Grant is required by SSHRC to be a maximum of $7,000, but may be eligible for $3,000 in OVPRI matching funds if requested and justified.
**The start date must be between July 1, 2020 and September 1, 2020, as selected by the recipient.
Please contact Sarah Adams, Honors, Distinctions & Internal Research Programs Administrator, should you have any questions or require further information.
Submitting Your Application
- Complete the correct application form above and save with required attachments (CV and references) as a single PDF file
- Create a new entry on cuResearch, through which Departmental and your Associate Dean of Research approval must be provided to complete the online application process.