** The Wonderful Wednesday Walking Group will be back in spring 2021! **
Join us for a walk at your own comfort level! The Wonderful Wednesday Walking Group will meet online (on Microsoft Teams) prior to embarking on individual walks and will rejoin at the end to debrief our time spent separately, together! This walking group aims to support your mental and physical health by providing you with an opportunity to take a step back from your responsibilities and stresses, engage with others at a social distance all whilst enjoying the healing effects of nature. Being free and non-committal, the Wonderful Wednesday Walking Group will allow you to enjoy both the physical and emotional benefits of walking with few barriers.
Here’s what you need to know to participate:
- The first meetup will take place on Wednesday, July 8 at 1:15pm and will continue weekly until the end of the summer.
- You do not need to commit to walking every week. You can drop-in whenever your schedule allows!
- The group will meet on Microsoft Teams from 1:15 – 1:20pm for a 5-minute virtual check-in and then will head out on the 30-40 minute walk. The group will reconvene at 2:00pm for a virtual debrief.
- The program is open to all Carleton University staff and faculty.
- All levels of walkers are welcome to participate.
To register, please fill out the form below. Once registered, you will receive an Outlook calendar invitation with the Microsoft Teams link. Thank you to Angela Hayward for leading the weekly walks!
Registration is closed until Spring 2021.