Links to partner organizations, other websites and resources
Below you can find a list of other websites and external resources and information. Please contact us by email if you would like to suggest an organization for inclusion on this site or a reciprocal link to your website.
* Carleton University hosts the Landon Pearson Centre.
* Centre for Initiatives on Children, Youth and Community | Carleton University. Partner and friend of the Landon Pearson Resource Centre
Organizations with current active support of Landon Pearson
Landon Pearson is on the experts committee mandated to produce a periodical report on the health status and quality of life of First Nations and on progress with the the implementation of Quebec’s First Nations Health and Social Services Blueprint (link to press release in English and French).
* First Nations Child and Family Caring Society of Canada. Landon Pearson member of Board of Directors.
* Arctic Foundation for Children and Youth. Landon Pearson member of Board of Directors.
Links to Canadian and international organizations
* Canadian Child Care Federation (CCCF) – la Fédération canadienne des services de garde à l’enfance
* Canadian Coalition for the Rights of Children
* Child Rights Information Network (CRIN)
* Canadian Council of Child and Youth Advocates – an alliance of 10 children’s advocates across Canada with mandates to support the rights of children and youth and to promote youth voice. This includes Alberta, BC, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Quebec, Saskatchewan and the Yukon.
* UNICEF Canada
* UNICEF Office of Research – Innocenti
- Post-secondary child rights courses and curricula:
- An international resource list 2013:
- *Link to the curriculum list 2014 (pdf | text)
- Because Life Goes On – Helping Children and Youth Live with Separation and Divorce (pdf)
- Link to “Out From the Shadows: The International Summit of Sexually Exploited Youth” report by Cherry Kingsley and Landon Pearson, following the World Congress against Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children.
- Link to “Sacred Lives. National Aboriginal Consultation Project” by Cherry Kingsley and Melanie Mark.
- * Link to the pamphlet “What do you do when your child has hurt another child?“
- * Text of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (link to OHCHR site)