Applications for Fall 2024 – Info on how to apply can be found here.
Deadline to be considered for funding &/or scholarships = Feb 1 2024
Final Deadline = June 1 2024 (please email Davina if interested in applying after Feb 1)
- News from Summer Field Course 2021: Yukon Field course
- February 2021 – First Nation Partner Wins Arctic Inspiration Prize: Carleton Partner FNND wins AIP
Welcome to the site of the interdisciplinary Northern Studies graduate program at Carleton University. The program emphasizes northern environments and societies, and the policies that are developed to govern them.
The program includes experiential learning through a field course in the Canadian North. Degree students participate in a placement at a northern agency in Ottawa or in the North.
- Department of Geography and Environmental Studies
- School of Public Policy and Administration
- Department of Earth Sciences
- Department of Sociology and Anthropology
- School of Indigenous and Canadian Studies
- Department of Biology
Climate Change, Permafrost and You – with Dr. Chris Burn
From the North Yukon Permafrost Conference, August 2022:
For support, please contact Davina Joseph, the Northern Studies Program Administrator, and your email will be relayed to the appropriate contact.