Carleton University is a safe campus. But we are a large one too. That’s why we have improved lighting, introduced more assistance phones, cleared away undergrowth around pathways and installed more safety cameras above and below ground.
It’s worth knowing about our safety features. Check out our campus safety map (click here for map) to learn more about safe pathways, assistance phones and more.
Did you know?
- Safety is everyone’s responsibility. Don’t turn a blind eye to crime. Report any suspicious activity or person to the Campus Safety Services at 613-520-2600 ext. 4444.
- Our campus is monitored by over 150 closed circuit television (CCTV) cameras that are located in buildings, outside and in the tunnels. These are monitored by the Campus Safety Services 24 hours a day.
- All external assistance phones are monitored by CCTVs.
- Our Safe Pathways are designated pathways for walking after dark that have improved lighting, more frequent safety patrols and are more closely watched by CCTV cameras. Use these well marked routes.
- There are over 200 safety assistance phones around campus that link directly to the Campus Safety Services. These can be found along Safe Pathways, in parking garages and lots, buildings, elevators and in the tunnels. Use these for any assistance query you might have, even if you are lost. For more information about assistance phones or Safe Pathways click here.