- ENS Desktop Application
- ENS Registration for Non-Carleton Community Members
The Emergency Notification System (ENS) allows the university to contact a mass number of people in the event of a campus-wide emergency that requires action by members of the Carleton community. It uses three forms of communication to deliver instructional messages should an emergency occur:
- a computer screen notification
- emails sent to Carleton addresses (e.g. @cmail.carleton.ca, @cunet.carleton.ca, @carleton.ca) and;
- push notification via Carleton Mobile
Please note: ENS alerts are automatically sent to Carleton emails and Carleton desktop/laptop computers.
Desktop and laptop computers with Carleton’s standard computer image will have the ENS Desktop Application installed and updated through updates implemented across CUNET-joined devices. Carleton staff and faculty not using Carleton’s standard computer image can download the ENS desktop client for Windows and Mac devices.
System Requirements: Windows 7 or later, .NET Framework 5 (included), Internet Access
System Requirements: Mac OS X Version 10.12 (Sierra) or later, Internet Access
(On-Campus Tenants, Contractors, and Organizations)
For non-Carleton community members who wish to receive communications through Carleton’s Emergency Notification System, you can stay informed by:
- Downloading the ENS Desktop Client for your device
- Downloading Carleton Mobile to receive push notifications
- Registering emails through the Non-Carleton Email Registration form
NOTE: This information will be used by university officials for the purpose of mass communications during an emergency only.
If you have questions about Carleton University’s Emergency Notification System, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.