- Board of Governors Award for Outstanding Community Achievement
Congratulations to Millie Close who is the 2021 recipient of the Board of Governors Award for Outstanding Community Achievement!
This award recognizes the spirit of student volunteerism and substantial community contribution while at Carleton University. Reflective of the Board’s shared belief in volunteerism and creating civically engaged citizens through higher education, this award aims to increase student financial support by granting $2,000.
Individuals may be nominated for this award by:
- A member of the external community
- A member of the faculty/staff
- A fellow student
- The student themselves
Nominations/applications will be considered by a jury composed of Board members.
Applications for the 2021 Board Award have now closed. Nominations for next year will open in December.
The recipient of the award is selected based on the following factors:
- Leadership in and substantial contributions to the Carleton University community while balancing the demands of student life;
- Academic excellence and potential for future personal and professional growth and achievement;
- Exemplary service to Carleton University, fellow students and/or the community-at-large;
- A spirit of volunteerism and community service demonstrated through active, unpaid involvement in and contributions to the community, while a student at Carleton University;
- A record of exceptional commitment and leadership at Carleton University that inspires others to engage in volunteer service;
- The recipient must be expecting to graduate in the academic year 2020/’21 (June or Nov. convocation);
- The recipient cannot be a current board member.
For more information regarding the award or the application process, please contact the Amanda Goth, University Secretary at email@example.com or 613-520-2600 ext. 2386.