Board of Governors Award for Outstanding Community Achievement
Congratulations to Frohan Foroutan who was selected as the 2019 recipient of the Board of Governors Award for Outstanding Community at the March 28 meeting of the Board of Governors. The presentation of the award will take place at June Convocation.
About the award
This award recognizes the spirit of student volunteerism and substantial community contribution while at Carleton University. Students can be nominated by anyone in the Carleton community or can self-nominate.
Reflective of the Board’s shared belief in volunteerism and creating a civically engaged citizens through higher education, this award aims to increase student financial support by granting $2,000.
Individuals may be nominated for this award by:
- A member of the external community
- A member of the faculty/staff
- A fellow student
- The student him/herself.
Nominations/applications for the award will be considered by a jury composed of Board members.
All nominations/applications must be submitted no later than 4:30 pm on Feb. 6, 2019. The presentation of the award will take place at Convocation.
Nominations/applications must include:
- A statement of no more than 250 words, written by the nominee, describing how their involvement has made a significant difference to social, environmental or philanthropic aspects of the Carleton University community.
- A resume, no longer than 2 pages in length, which focuses specifically on volunteer experience.
- Two letters of reference, one of which should be from a supervisor of one of their volunteer activities.
- The student’s full name, student number, mailing and/or email address, and telephone number.
The recipient of the award is selected based on the following factors:
- Leadership in and substantial contributions to the Carleton University community while balancing the demands of student life.
- Academic excellence and potential for future personal and professional growth and achievement.
- Exemplary service to Carleton University, fellow students and/or the community-at-large.
- A spirit of volunteerism and community service demonstrated through active, unpaid involvement in and contributions to the community, while as a student at Carleton University.
- A record of exceptional commitment and leadership at Carleton University that inspires others to engage in volunteer service.
- Expecting to graduate in the academic year 2018/19.
- Cannot be a current Board member.
For more information regarding the award or the application process, please contact the Amanda Goth, University Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-520-2600 ext. 2386.