Re-appointment of Rafik Goubran as VPRI
We are pleased to announce the re-appointment of Dr. Rafik Goubran as Vice-President, Research and International (VPRI). The unanimous recommendation of the advisory committee was approved yesterday by Carleton’s Board of Governors.
Rafik’s leadership of the research and international portfolio during his first term has been truly outstanding, and over that time, Carleton has enjoyed a sharp rise in external research funding. Rafik’s collaborative and passionate approach to research, as well as a long-standing dedication to Carleton University, are key elements of his ongoing success.
Rafik is a proud Carleton Alumnus, receiving his PhD in Electrical Engineering in 1987. That same year, he joined the Department of Systems and Computer Engineering . He served as Chair of the department for three terms between 1997 and 2006, and then served as Dean of the Faculty of Engineering and Design from 2006 to 2017. He was appointed Vice-President (Research and International) in 2017.
The re-appointment follows a rigorous process under the Board of Governor’s appointment guidelines.
President and Vice-Chancellor
Chair, Advisory Committee on the VPRI
- Benoit-Antoine Bacon (Chair)
- Christina Tessier – CAL/Alumni (BoG)
- Andrea Lawrance – Staff member (Selected by President)
- Patti Harper – Librarian (Senate)
- Carol Payne – FASS Faculty (Senate)
- Sean Burges – FPA Faculty (Senate)
- Edward Lai – Science Faculty (Senate)
- Mario Santana Quintero – FED Faculty (Senate)
- Shaobo Ji – Business Faculty (Senate)
- Jerry Tomberlin – VP (Selected by President)
- Patrice Smith – Dean (Selected by VPARC)
- Ridah Khan – Undergrad (Senate)
- Georgette Morris – Grad Student (Senate)
January 2022: Establishment of Advisory Committee
Early February 2022: First meeting of Advisory Committee
February 2022: Canvass Community for Feedback
Early March 2022: Second meeting of Advisory Committee
Late March 2022: Third meeting of Advisory Committee
April 2022: Recommendation presented to Board of Governors
Thursday, January 6, 2022
VPRI Advisory Committee Call for Nominations – Academic Staff
Dr. Rafik Goubran is seeking re-appointment as Carleton University’s Vice-President, Research and International (VPRI). Following the appointment guidelines, Carleton is seeking... More
Amanda Goth, University Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org