- Funding Options
- Application Process
- What to Include in Your Application
- Selection Process
- Nominate a Colleague
- More Information
Applications are now closed and will open again in October 2024.
The purpose of this award is to recognize teaching excellence by contract instructors at Carleton.
Five $2,000 awards are available. Recipients will receive a lump sum payment which will be taxed as salary income.
Contract Instructors who hold seniority are eligible to apply.
Candidates must submit an application form and a proposal online by November 20. Applications cannot exceed 10 pages (excluding the online application form).
- Concise description of your interests which will be used in promotional material if you receive the award (75 word limit)
- Statement of teaching philosophy (20 points)
- Student ratings of teaching (if possible, three years of data in summary form in the context of comparisons with academic unit and faculty averages) (30 points)
- Brief summary of student comments from previous evaluations (30 points)
- Letter of support from the chair/director or designate of the department/academic unit. Other evidence to support your application, which may include information about previous teaching awards, past teaching innovations, publications related to teaching, unsolicited student feedback, etc. (20 points)
Recipients are selected by a committee composed of two CUPE 4600 appointees and two university employees. All candidates are rated according to their applications.
Nominations must be submitted to the appropriate Faculty dean by September 30. Your Faculty dean will determine if the nominee wishes to be considered for an award and will ask them to apply by the deadline. You can also support a colleague’s application by writing them a letter of support to include in their dossier.
This award is governed by the Collective Agreement between Carleton University and CUPE 4600, Unit 2.
If you have any questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.