- What’s your return policy?
A valid receipt or packing slip is required for all refunds or exchanges.
Course Materials (textbooks):
- A full refund will be given for Course Materials returned prior to Carleton’s course drop deadline each semester.
- Course Materials purchased after the drop deadline can be returned within 7 business days of purchase for a full refund.
- Course Materials purchased during the last week of classes or final exams are not refundable.
- Brytewave Digital Textbooks must be returned within 14 days of purchase for a full refund.
- I’m publishing a new book. Can you help me?
Yes! Please tell us about any published books you have, we often carry books written by our faculty and staff in store.
We can even help you with organizing a book launch event if you’re interested. Please contact Kelly, the Bookstore Manager, for information.
- How do I submit a textbook adoption?
Currently there are 4 ways to submit an adoption:
- Online: On this very site!
- Email: email your requests to email@example.com.
- In Person: Stop by the textbook desk in the Bookstore, located in the back right of the store.
- By Phone: call 613-520-2600 ext 8115 to place your order.
However you choose to submit, please include the following information:
- Name, email & extension
- Course Term
- Course Code
- Course Section
- Instructor Name (if you’re submitted on behalf of someone else)
- Textbook Title & Edition
- Textbook Author
- ISBN Number
- Quantity of Books Required
- Am I entitled to any discounts at the Bookstore?
All Carleton faculty and staff get a 10% discount off clothing and giftware at the Bookstore!
- When should I submit my textbook adoption request?
In short, the sooner the better!
Ideally we’d like to receive adoption requests 4 months prior to the course starting, but we understand often this can’t happen for a variety of reasons. So, the sooner you send us your request, the sooner we can start ordering books!
One benefit of sending us your adoption request early is it increases our chances of getting used copies of the book. In certain cases we’re able to request used textbooks from other partner bookstores or from our central warehouses, but those are only offered on a first come, first serve basis to all our partner stores, so the early bird gets the used textbook, so to speak.