1. Eligibility Criteria
    1. Undergraduate Students
    2. Graduate Students
    3. Co-op Students
    4. Special Students
  2. Becoming Ineligible
    1. What if I become ineligible and don’t return my valid U-Pass?

Eligibility Criteria

Undergraduate Students

  • Fall / Winter pass period (Sep – Apr): 1.5 credits per semester
  • Summer pass period (May – Aug): 1.0 credits total

Graduate Students

  • Full-time status

Co-op Students

Special Students

  • Summer pass period (May – Aug): 1.0 credits total
  • Fall / Winter pass period (Sep – Apr): Ineligible with 1.0 credits per semester

Becoming Ineligible

If you have a U-Pass that is valid for the current pass period, you must return your U-Pass to the Campus Card Office (407 UC) to receive a pro-rated refund. Fee adjustments will be processed based on the date of return.

Please also see opting in for more information on the criteria that allows you to join the program..

If you become eligible again at any time or in any future term, you may return to pick up your U-Pass – we will not email you to inform you of this. Students who become ineligible in the fall term but are eligible again in the winter may pick their U-Pass back up when winter term distribution starts. U-Passes may only be used when you are eligible.

What if I become ineligible and don’t return my valid U-Pass?

If you do not return your U-Pass, you will not receive a refund. If you lost your card, please email campuscard@carleton.ca for further instruction.

In addition, ineligible students who use the pass are violating the terms and conditions of the program, which carries the following potential consequences if OC Transpo enforcement officers find you using the U-Pass:

  • You may be subject to a fine of up to $700.
  • You may receive a Provincial Offence Notice.
  • Your pass may be confiscated, resulting in loss of your ability to receive a refund for the U-Pass fee.