Students MUST return their U-Pass if they:
- Hold a valid card for the current pass period AND
- Have become ineligible or opted out.
Return Location: Campus Card Office (407 University Centre)
You do NOT need an appointment or to join our virtual line. Simply place in the drop box at the Campus Card Office. If you lost your card, and therefore cannot return it, please email email@example.com for further instruction.
Becoming Eligible Again
If you become eligible again at any time or in any future term, you may return to pick up your U-Pass – we will not email you to inform you of this.
Students who become ineligible in the fall term but are eligible again in the winter may pick their U-Pass back up when winter term distribution starts. U-Passes may only be used when you are eligible.
Failure to Return your U-Pass
If you do not return your valid U-Pass when required, you will not receive a refund.
In addition, ineligible students who use the pass are violating the terms and conditions of the program, which carries the following potential consequences if OC Transpo enforcement officers find you using the U-Pass:
- You may be subject to a fine of up to $700.
- You may receive a Provincial Offence Notice.
- Your pass may be confiscated, resulting in loss of your ability to receive a refund for the U-Pass fee.