Please familiarize yourself with the Terms and Conditions of the U-Pass.
- The cost of the U-Pass is set by the City of Ottawa as part of their annual budget review, and in line with the contractual agreement restricting increases.
- The U-Pass provides ridership privileges throughout the designated validity period, and is subject to availability of equipment and service.
- The U-Pass must be presented to uniformed OC Transpo employees, OC Transpo Enforcement Officers and police officers in an open and unrestricted manner upon demand.
- To be valid the U-Pass must show no signs of tampering.
- The U-Pass is valid as payment of the full fare on OC Transpo vehicles providing regular, express, rural express, or Para Transpo transit services. Para Transpo service to rural zones requires an additional fare.
- U-Passes are non-transferable and personal.
- Invalid or misused U-Passes will be confiscated and/or a Provincial Offence Notice will be issued. Fines range from $100 to $700.
Students who fail to comply may be subject to fines by OC Transpo and to sanctions under the Student Rights and Responsibility Policy.