The U-Pass service has been suspended for the summer semester, with standard service set to resume for fall 2020.
You can pick up your U-Pass at the Campus Card Office in room 407 University Centre.
- You may not send a friend, family member, or other third party to pick up or replace your U-Pass.
- Government issued photo ID or your Campus Card is required.
- NEVER throw away your U-Pass!
- Do not bend or put holes in your U-Pass. Damaged U-Passes cost $25 to replace.
Get Your First U-Pass
Eligible students who lose or damage their U-Pass should come to the Campus Card Office (407 University Centre) during our hours of operation to replace it.
There is a fee of $25 for a replacement U-Pass. This fee is non-refundable, and once your U-Pass is replaced, it will be deactivated permanently. Old cards cannot be reactivated and should be destroyed.
If the card malfunctions, come to the Campus Card Office during our hours of operation to have it tested. If we verify it is malfunctioning (not due to unreasonable wear and tear), it will be replaced for free.
If you just added a Preferred First Name (PFN) through Carleton Central, or legally changed your name with the Registrar’s Office, you are entitled to a free replacement of your Campus Card and U-Pass.
- Allow one business day for the change to show in our system, and then come to the Campus Card Office during our hours of operation with government issued photo ID. If this is a legal name change, your ID must match your new name.
- If you are eligible for a U-Pass and already picked it up, you will need to give back the old one to get the new one free! The same rule applies for your Campus Card.