Students – Getting your Campus Card is a simple three step process!
New students who have registered for courses, but have NOT completed their online application will receive reminder emails about this process on July 4, 25, and August 8 from email@example.com.
Completed your application? Check your Carleton email for important status updates.
Step 1: Register for Classes
We can only produce cards for students who are registered in a current or upcoming term.
Step 2: Apply for your Campus Card
If you are eligible for a U-Pass, we will make it at the same time! Find eligibility requirements here.
If you can’t apply online…
- Visit our office to have your card made in person.
- Are you a long distance student? Students studying at a distance (100 km or more) should contact the CUOL Office to request their card. This card will not have your picture and must be presented with a second piece of photo ID when used. Non-CUOL students please visit the Campus Card Office.
Step 3: Check your Carleton Email
We will email you with more information about your card.
- Visit our hours of operation page to find out when we’re open – and where!
- Summer Orientation participants will receive their card during their session
- Residence students will have their card available in their move-in package.
Please note that we do not mail the Card out to you; you must pick it up in person and you must present a piece of government issued photo ID to obtain your Campus Card.
Staff and Faculty Members
Please note that not all staff and faculty members are entitled to a Campus Card. This is dependent on your status with Human Resources. Not sure? You can check your eligibility in Carleton Central’s Employee Services page!
If you require a card for door access, please have your Departmental Administrator contact DUS_Technical_Services@cunet.carleton.ca.