Instructions for Staff, Faculty and Students
For Staff and Faculty, your Departmental Administrator, Computing Support Unit representative, Manager, Director, or Dean can apply to secure the appropriate Carleton computing account for you. They should be aware of the procedure required to make the application on your behalf.
For Students, you will also receive the following instructions with your User ID as part of the application process.
Any questions regarding computing accounts should be directed to the ITS Service Desk.
- Go to: https://myonesetup.carleton.ca.
- Enter your MC1 username (firstnamelastname).
- Enter the default password provided by Carleton University. This is a one-time password that will require changing at first login.
- Default password: first initial (upper case) + surname initial (lower case) + date of birth in YYYYMMDD + !CU format.
- Example: Jane Doe who was born on July 25th, 1998 – Password = Jd19980725!CU
- Upon first login, the default password must be changed.
Rules: Passwords must be 8-15 characters in length. A minimum of 1 numeric character, 1 uppercase character and 1 lowercase character. First and Last name cannot be part of a password, nor can a User ID or Date of Birth. Special characters allowed ! . _
- Your first-time login will also require the setup of security questions in the case that you forget your password and need to reset it.
Rules: Answers are not case sensitive. Answers must be 4 or more characters long. Answers cannot be repeated. Questions do not need to be answered in any particular order. A minimum of 6 questions require answers. You will not be able to submit a first-time password change without completing the challenge questions.
NOTE: The session in which to set your security questions will timeout after 10-minutes. If you exceed this time, you will need to start over again.
- Click Finish.
- Log out of MyCarletonOne.
Important note about the “Was this page helpful?” button below
If you are having issues with your account login or password, DO NOT use the form below for support. Instead, contact the ITS Service Desk. The form below is to capture documentation errors on this page.