- Connect from the Windows Control Panel
- Connect from a Mac workstation
- Printing from a Linux workstation
Note: Your Departmental Administrator or one of your colleagues can tell you which printer you should be using. Typically the printer name will start with PS, then Building code (Tory Building = TB), followed by room number. Ex. Printer in Tory Building room 301 would be pstb301.
- Determine the name of the printer that you wish to connect to (e.g. psab401c).
- In Control Panel click on View Devices and Printers.
- From the left hand navigation, click “Add Printer” .
- Click on ‘Add a network, wireless…’
- Click on ‘The printer that I want isn’t listed’.
- Make sure radio button ‘ select a shared printer by name’ is selected.
- Enter in cell ‘ \\printers\printername’ (printername would be psab401c, for example).
- Click Next.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Open System Preferences, and click on Printers & Scanners.
- Click on the + icon (underneath the list of configured printers), the Add Printer window will open.
- Select the Advanced Icon – *NOTE* If Advanced icon is missing, Control-click in area near the icons and select “customize toolbar”. Drag the advanced icon next to the other icons
- Type: Windows printer via spoolss,
- URL: smb://printers.cunet.carleton.ca/printername (ex. psaa106).
- Name: printername
- Use: Generic Postscript Printer (normally works, you can also download the mac driver for the printer from Manufacturer website)
- Click Add
- Check box Duplex Printing Unit
When prompted to save your user name and password do not check “save password in the keychain” until you confirm your connection works. If you have issues in the future you may need to delete the keychain entry and re-enter your credentials
You will now see the printer listed on the Print & Fax window, with a green dot indicating the printer is available (or red if offline), and the status of the printer.
- From run menu run Printers
- Click Add window will open.
- From Network Printer
- LPD/LRP Host or Printer
- Host: printers.cunet.carleton.ca
- Queue: name of printer
- Chose Driver
- Provide PPD File
- Provide PPD File
- Fill out form — Apply
- Print Test Page
This is a new queue mapped to all Staff and Faculty Cunet Computers. This queue prints to The Print Shop’s Konica Minolta Multi Factor Printers (MFA).
In a standard printing environment, a user’s jobs are sent directly to the printer for immediate printing. This results in wasted paper and toner when printing is forgotten and not collected. It also presents a security risk if those forgotten jobs were sensitive or confidential. The Confidential Printing queue provides a simple solution that places your jobs in a holding state until you authenticate and releases the job at any Konica Minolta printer. You may select individual jobs to release after successful authentication with your Campus Card at the Printer. Print jobs will be held in a queue for 12 hours.
Confidential Printing offers:
- Secure printing – sensitive jobs will not sit uncollected on the printer. Jobs only print when released by the user.
- Follow-Me printing – provides a roaming print solution where users print to a single queue and jobs will be “pulled” to any printer where they authenticate.
- Reduced wastage – no more uncollected jobs. No wasted paper or toner.
Your print job will not be released to the printer until the user swipes their Campus Card, enters their credentials, or UserID and PIN.
Was this page helpful?
4 people found this useful