Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client for Mobile Platforms is available for 4.0 and later. The Cisco AnyConnect App can be downloaded from Google Play Store.
- Download and install the Cisco AnyConnect App from Google Play Store.
- Open AnyConnect App, and tap “Connection”.
- To configure VPN service, tap “Add New VPN Connection”.
- In the “Server Address” field, type ‘cuvpn.carleton.ca/cuvpn-duo‘, and tap “Done”.
Using the Cisco AnyConnect Security Mobility Client
Beginning in November 2022, multifactor authentication (MFA) is required when using the Cisco AnyConnect Security Mobility Client. To use the VPN Service with MFA, open AnyConnect App from your device.
Next, take the following steps:
- To use VPN service, tap the on the “off/on” button. The Authentication dialog will appear.
- You will be prompted for a Username, Password and Second Password.
- In the Username field, enter your MyCarletonOne (MC1) account (do not include @cunet.carleton.ca.) In the Password field, enter your MC1 password.
- The Second Password asks for the Duo second factor that you would like to use. You have two options:
- Recommended method for first-time users of the VPN with MFA: Enter a passcode (6-digit pin) from the Duo mobile application on your phone. To do this, open the Duo app on your phone and follow these instructions. You can also use a hardware token associated with your Duo account, or a bypass code created by the Service Desk. OR
- Enter the word push to have Duo push an authentication prompt to your default mobile application, or the word phone to receive a phone call to your default phone number. Accept the prompt to proceed.
- The first time you connect to the VPN service using Duo MFA, the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client will download an updated profile, which will include a longer timeout value when using the push or phone methods. We recommend that you use a passcode the first time you use this configuration.
- Once you’ve completed all fields, click OK.
- You will be presented with the policy and privacy acknowledgement to accept before establishing the connection. Once connected you should have access to all the same resources allowed to you. Click Accept to proceed.
- After you connect using Duo MFA, when you next launch the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client you should see an alternate profile available. Please use CarletonU-RA-Duo, CarletonU-RemoteVPN-Duo, or other Duo enabled profile that has been assigned to you when connecting to the VPN service in the future.
Please contact the ITS Service Desk if you would like any assistance.