Cisco AnyConnect 4.1 supports Linux Red Hat 6, 7 & Ubuntu 12.04 (LTS), and 14.04 (LTS) (64-bit only).
The following installation procedure was tested on Ubuntu 14.04 with Firefox.
- Go to: cuvpn.carleton.ca and login with your MC1 Username and Password.
- The WebLaunch will detect the version of Java you have installed and attempt to automatically install Cisco AnyConnect Security Mobility Client. If failed, below screen will appear, and click “AnyConnect VPN” to download the client.
- Click on the link and it will start downloading.
- Run the script “sh” to have the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client setup.
- To use the VPN service after installation, go to Applications -> Internet ->Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client and launch the client.
- Click “Connect” to start VPN service. If the dropdown menu is empty, type cuvpn.carleton.ca and click “Connect”. Use your MC1 Username and Password to login.
Was this page helpful?
13 people found this useful