The Audio-Visual Resource Centre provides the following services:
- Collection development and support
- Circulation of reserve material for courses at the second-year level and above. Students may consult these materials on a two-hour loan arrangement (readings; DVDs)
- Development and support of online teaching and research resources using various open source platforms
- Facilitation of classroom screenings and rescreenings
- Online searching of the School’s teaching and reference collections
- Recital bookings
- Reference services
- Spaces for consulting the collections, quiet study and small group meetings
- Technical assistance in digitizing visual/audio-visual material or in incorporating this material in presentations
We are here to help!
The AVRC’s main facility is located in 460 SP and contains three separate collection rooms, large tables with chairs for consulting our collections and/or quiet study, seating areas, photocopier/scanner, a circulation desk and the office of the Full-Stack Developer and Administrator (450 SP). The large collection room (456 SP) houses the School’s DVD/Blu-ray collection, 35mm slide collection, and various special collections. Two smaller collection rooms (452 and 454 SP) house substantial and complementary collections of analogue recordings of Jazz music. The office of the Supervisor is located directly across from the west-end entrance to the AVRC, in room 444 SP. Located down the hall is our Digitization Room (433 SP) and a Preview Room (436 SP). Three additional collection and equipment storage rooms are located on the first floor of St. Pat’s, and include cold storage for a selection of our analogue films.
Located next door in room 462 SP, is the Audio-Visual Study Room, which contains 5 multi-media computer workstations, 4 display/exhibit cabinets, and lounge areas reserved for the exclusive use of SSAC students and faculty.
The AVRC has policies on borrowing, requesting, and/or using audio-visual materials or equipment in presentations for students and faculty in the School for Studies in Art and Culture. Please be sure to read the pages on Borrowing and Presentations.
For any questions regarding our services and/or policies, please do not hesitate to contact us.