A Carleton University Entrance Bursary will provide you with additional funds to help you meet the direct educational costs of your first-year studies.
To be eligible for a Carleton University Entrance Bursary:
- You have applied and been offered admission to an undergraduate degree program at Carleton University for September.
- You are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
- You have demonstrated financial need and will be applying for government student financial assistance.
- You complete and submit the Entrance Bursary application, through the Undergraduate Application Forms system on Carleton Central, by June 30.
- Students who have not applied by June 30 may still be considered for a bursary by completing the General Undergraduate Bursary application for Current Students. The General Undergraduate Bursary application for Current Students is available as of September, through the Undergraduate Application Forms system on Carleton Central.
Leadership Entrance Bursary Awards for Prospective/New Students – Fall 2021
If you are a Canadian high school student with financial need, demonstrated leadership abilities, and participation in secondary school extra-curricular activities and/or community service that impacted the lives of others – the following leadership entrance bursaries have been established to recognize your achievements and to provide additional financial assistance.
Carleton Calgary Alumni Award
Valued at $5,000 for first year. Calgary-area high school students admitted to any undergraduate degree program at Carleton University are considered.
Helen and Douglas Nicholson Science Entrance Bursary
Valued at full tuition for the 2020-21 academic year. Canadian high school students admitted to the Bachelor of Science Program at Carleton University are considered.
Donald R. Yeomans Bursary
Valued at full tuition for four years. Ontario high school students admitted to any undergraduate degree program at Carleton University are considered.
Carleton University Alumni Association Leadership Bursary
Valued at $5,000 for first year. Ontario high school students admitted to any undergraduate degree program at Carleton University are considered.
Canadian high school students admitted to either the Bachelor of Commerce or the Bachelor of International Business undergraduate degree program with the Sprott School of Business at Carleton University are considered.
Douglas Arthur de Pencier Leadership Bursary
Valued at $6,000 for first year and eligible for renewal for 3 years. Awarded to students entering Carleton University from a high school in North Grenville, North Dundas, Winchester, Kemptville, Richmond, Osgoode, Merrickville-Wolford, Smiths Falls and North Gower areas of Eastern Ontario. Up to eight students will be selected.
Pamela and Richard Joho Leadership Bursary
Awarded annually to an outstanding student entering the Bachelor of Humanities, Bachelor of Arts in Greek and Roman Studies, or the Bachelor of Arts in Religion in the College of the Humanities (or any additional undergraduate degree program in the College of Humanities) at Carleton University. Application is required. Eligible students must demonstrate a strong academic background and participation in extra-curricular activities. Recipients will have demonstrated financial need, must be Canadian Citizens or permanent residents of Canada (landed immigrant or a protected person) and must meet OSAP’s Ontario residency requirements. Students who study abroad as part of any undergraduate degree program within the College of the Humanities are eligible to hold this bursary in their year abroad. This bursary is renewable for up to four years. Endowed in 2009 by Pamela and Richard Joho to honour their commitment to a classical education.