A Carleton University Entrance Bursary will provide you with additional funds to help you meet the direct educational costs of your first-year studies.
To be eligible for a Carleton University Entrance Bursary:
- You have applied and been offered admission to an undergraduate degree program at Carleton University for September.
- You are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
- You have demonstrated financial need and will be applying for government student financial assistance.
- You complete and submit the Entrance Bursary application, through the Undergraduate Application Forms system on Carleton Central, by June 30.
- Students who have not applied by June 30 may still be considered for a bursary by completing the General Undergraduate Bursary application for Current Students. The General Undergraduate Bursary application for Current Students is available as of September, through the Undergraduate Application Forms system on Carleton Central.
Leadership Entrance Bursary Awards for Prospective/New Students – Fall 2020
If you are a Canadian high school student with financial need, demonstrated leadership abilities, and participation in secondary school extra-curricular activities and/or community service that impacted the lives of others – the following leadership entrance bursaries have been established to recognize your achievements and to provide additional financial assistance. The application for fall 2020 is now available.
Carleton Calgary Alumni Award
Valued at $5,000 for first year. Calgary-area high school students admitted to any undergraduate degree program at Carleton University are considered.
Helen and Douglas Nicholson Science Entrance Bursary
Valued at full tuition for the 2020-21 academic year. Canadian high school students admitted to the Bachelor of Science Program at Carleton University are considered.
Donald R. Yeomans Bursary
Valued at full tuition for four years. Ontario high school students admitted to any undergraduate degree program at Carleton University are considered.
Carleton University Alumni Association Leadership Bursary
Valued at $5,000 for first year. Ontario high school students admitted to any undergraduate degree program at Carleton University are considered.
Canadian high school students admitted to either the Bachelor of Commerce or the Bachelor of International Business undergraduate degree program with the Sprott School of Business at Carleton University are considered.
Douglas Arthur de Pencier Leadership Bursary
Valued at $6,000 for first year and eligible for renewal for 3 years. Awarded to students entering Carleton University from a high school in North Grenville, North Dundas, Winchester, Kemptville, Richmond, Osgoode, Merrickville-Wolford, Smiths Falls and North Gower areas of Eastern Ontario. Up to eight students will be selected.
Linda Dunsmore Brown Bursary
Valued at $3,000. Awarded to a full-time undergraduate student entering Carleton University from high school who requires financial assistance. Eligible students must be Canadian Citizens or permanent residents of Canada and demonstrate diligence through academic work and participation in extra-curricular secondary school activities. This award may be continued for 3 years of full-time enrolment provided the recipient remains in good academic standing and continues to demonstrate financial need. Established in 2019 by David and Margaret Dunsmore in loving memory of Linda Dunsmore Brown, a Carleton alumna whose entire career involved the teaching of young students.