Adjunct Research Professor
|Degrees:||B.Sc. (University of Tehran, Iran), M.Sc. (University of Tehran, Iran), M.Sc. (Paul Sabatier University, France), Ph.D. (Carleton University, Canada)|
|Office:||Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada,|
Ottawa Research and Development Centre
960 Carling Avenue, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0C6
|Website:||Visit My Website|
Main Research Interests:
1- Allele specific marker development, molecular breeding, and marker assisted selection in soybean
2- Genomics and functional genomics (systems biology) of soybean, yeast, and E-coli.
4- Host-pathogen interaction analysis
Areas of Expertise:
Soybean applied genomics, cell and molecular biology, genetics and genomics, DNA based markers, systems biology, time of flowering and maturity (genetics of photoperiod sensitivity) in soybean, protein-protein interaction, genetic interaction, biotechnology, QTL and GWAS analysis, molecular breeding, host-pathogen interactions, protein synthesis (translation) pathway in yeast and E.coli, microbiology, chemical genomics and bioinformatics.
- Samanfar B, Molnar SJ, Charette M, Schoenrock A, Belzile F, Dehne F, Golshani A, and Cober ER: Mapping and identification of a candidate gene for a novel maturity locus, E10, in soybean. Theoretical and Applied Genomics (TAG), 2017, 130(2):377-390.
- Gagarinova A, Stewart G, Samanfar B, Phanse S, White CA, Aoki H, Deineko V, Beloglazova N, Yakunin AF, Golshani A, Brown EC, Babu M, Emili A: Systematic genetic screens reveal the dynamic global functional organization of the bacterial translation machinery. Cell Reports, 2016, 17(3):904-916.
- Shaikho S, Dobson CC, Naing T, Samanfar B, Moteshareie H, Golshani A, and Holcik M: Elevated levels of ribosomal proteins L36 and L36A control expression of HSP90 in rhabdomyosarcoma. Translation, 2016, 4(2):e1244395.
- Samanfar B, Tan LH, Shostak K, Chalabian F, Wu z, Alamgir MD, Sunba N, Burnside D, Omidi K, Hooshyar M, Galván Márquez I, Jessulat M, Smith M, Babu M, Azizi A, and Golshani A: A global investigation of gene deletion strains that affect premature stop codon bypass in yeast, Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biosyst. 2014, 10 (4): 916-924.
- Schoenrock A, Samanfar B, Pitre S, Hooshyar M, Jin K, Philips C, Wang H, Phanse S, Omidi K, Gui Y, Alamgir Md, Wong A, Barrenas F, Babu M, Benson M, Langston M, Green JR, Dehne F, and Golshani A: Efficient prediction of human protein-protein interactions at a global scale. BMC Bioinformatics, 2014, 15(1): 383-404.