The Swedish Foundation for Strategic Research (SFF) has announced the Strategic Mobility Program for the eleventh year in a row. The SFF invites proposals for its strategic mobility grant for personal mobility between academia and industry. This aims to increase personal mobility and cross-fertilization between academia and industry. The guest researcher may carry out research, research-based activities or technical development within one of the foundation’s spheres of responsibility: natural science, engineering and medicine.
By financing the payroll cost for the payroll cost of the researcher, the program simplifies transition from industry to academia or vice-versa. This funding opportunity is a directed grant for individual investigators.
The duration of the project shall be equivalent to four to 12 months working full-time. The exchange may be divided into different periods, and the grant holder may also work part-time during their stay, but not more than for a period of two years. In the case of university researchers who will do exchange service in industry, part of the grant can be used for repatriation upon their return to academia. The repatriation grant may only be applied by university researchers who intend to do a exchange programme in industry for at least 12 consecutive months at least 80 per cent of full-time. A repatriation grant may be applied for including overheads, but no more than SEK 500,000. The earliest project start is 1 January 2018.
- Researcher from academia or business sector from any country
- Applicant is a well established researcher and have tenured posts or similar appointments that they are expected to return to once the program has finished
Host institution/organization eligibility
- Host institutes or departments may be situated in Sweden or abroad as long as exchange is between one academic and host industry unit
- Total budget for call is SEK (Swedish Krona) 15 million
- Individual grants are worth up to SEK 1.5 million, including overheads, of which are no more than SEK 100,000 for other costs
- Indirect costs are only permitted when the host institution/organization is a Swedish higher education institution
- Full details regarding the Strategic Mobility Grant
- The application form can be found at the SFF portal
|CORIS Internal Deadline||Please contact Heloise Emdon|
|cuResearch Checklist Deadline||August 29, 2017|
|Submission to Sponsor||September 5, 2017||2:00 pm (UTC)|
Submitting Your Application
- Applications must be submitted via cuResearch, through which Departmental and Associate Dean’s approval must be provided to complete the online application process.
- More information on cuResearch can be found here.
If you would like assistance with proposal development and/or a substantive review of your proposal, please contact Heloise Emdon, the facilitator for international projects.