Welcome to Our Online Learning Community!
If you’re an online, working or distance student, accessing our campus services can be challenging. Our online learning community will allow you to access our services so you won’t miss out on the tools and skills that can help you succeed at Carleton.
Our online learning community will allow you to:
- explore our services
- meet with a PASS, PASC facilitator, or Writing Services Tutor
- take a workshop to brush up on your personal and academic skills
If you’re part of the Incentive Program these online workshops will count for credit (unless otherwise stated by your Professor, please check your syllabus for more information).
To enter the online learning community, you must self-enrol.
How to Self-Enrol
- Click the button below
- Log into cuLearn
- Click the “Enrol me” button
Booking a Writing Services Virtual Sessions Tutoring Appointment
An appointment is required to meet with an online Writing Tutor. Please follow the steps below to set up your appointment.
How to Book the Appointment?
- Self-Enrol and enter the CSAS Online Learning Community (link above)
- Click on the Centre for Student Academic Support (CSAS) course
- Click on Writing Services Virtual Sessions ⇒ click on your desired appointment date ⇒ select a day/time and save by clicking on “Save My Choice”.
What to do when appointment time arrives?
- At your selected date/time, please return to the CSAS Online Learning Community (in cuLearn)
- Scroll down and click on Writing Services Virtual Sessions → click on CSAS BigBlue Button Session (you may need to click on several times)
- Wait for your Writing Tutor to enter the virtual room
- If no response, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.