The Incentive Program supports student growth through participation in Learning and Writing Support Workshops. These workshops are designed to help students develop effective academic skills and study strategies for use in their respective disciplines. Students gain a course incentive by attending online Learning and Writing Support Workshops through Brightspace.
The incentive workshops are offered online via Brightspace. Instructions for self-enrolment can be found on the Online Resources page. View our supported courses below.
Incentive Program Participation Policies
If you are participating in CSAS Learning & Writing Workshops as part of the Incentive Program, here are some important policies to be aware of:
- Course Requirements for Workshop Attendance
Any online CSAS Learning & Writing Support Workshop can count toward the Incentive Program. However, your professor will indicate the number of workshops you need to attend and any additional specifications you will need to receive your incentive marks. Please ensure that you meet your specific course requirements for workshop attendance. For instance, your professor might specify that only certain workshop topics count for incentive in that course. This information can typically be found in your course syllabus.
- Workshop Completion Timeline
You must complete the workshops in the same term in which the course is registered for the Incentive Program. For example, if a course is registered for the Incentive Program for the Fall 2022 term, the workshops must be completed within the Fall 2022 term as well. Please check your syllabus for course-specific deadlines.
- Online Workshop Completion
- There are 19 online CSAS Learning & Writing Workshops available through Brightspace that qualify for the Incentive Program. The workshops must be completed in the same term as the course that is registered for the Incentive Program.
- You must complete each workshop component and receive a grade of 100% on the final assessment. If you achieve a score below 100%, please complete the assessment again until you receive a grade of 100%. Students have eight (8) attempts to complete the final assessment successfully.
- After getting 100% on the final assessment, you will receive a Record of Completion award. You will receive a pop-up notification in Brightspace to indicate you have received the Record of Completion award. Please note, this may take up to 20 minutes to appear. If after 20 minutes you still cannot view the award, try logging out and back in again. You will need this record of completion to submit to your instructor. Please see the Attendance tab below.
Please note that CSAS Learning and Writing Webinars (via MS Teams) and in-person workshops DO NOT count toward the Incentive Program.
If your course is a part of the Incentive Program, you will need to submit a Record of Completion award so that your instructor can capture your attendance. Students will receive a Record of Completion award after achieving 100% on the final assessment of the applicable workshop. You will need to download and submit the PDF to your instructor to receive course incentive.
- Log in to Brightspace (via the Carleton 360 portal)
- On your Brightspace homepage, click on the CSAS Learning & Writing Workshops and Resources course (you can enter via our Online Resources page).
- Click ‘Progress’ in the navbar.
- Select ‘Awards’ from the drop-down menu. A list of your awards will open. Please note, the award can take a few minutes to load. If you do not see the award in your list, try logging out and then logging back in.
- Click on the name of the Certificate (listed in blue).
- Click ‘Generate Certificate’. A PDF of your certificate will download automatically.
- Open the PDF.
- Save the PDF. NOTE: Check with your instructor about naming and submission guidelines. Make sure to include your name in the assignment title.
Submitting Your Attendance: Record of Completion PDF
Ensure that you follow the directions set forth by your instructor as some details may vary.
- On your Brightspace homepage, locate your academic course in one of the following ways:
- Click on your course under My Courses.
- Find your course using the Course Selector Icon in the mini-navbar.
Please Note: You submit the record of completion as an assignment in your academic course, not the CSAS course.
- Click ‘Content’ in the navbar.
- In the Table of Contents, click on the module title where the assignment is located or go to ‘Tools’ and select ‘Assignments’.
- Click on the Assignment.
- Submit the PDF in one of the following ways:
- Drag and Drop the file: Drag and drop the file in the field “Drop file here.”
- Upload the file from your computer: Click Upload. Select the PDF on your computer.
- Click Submit: Your assignment has been submitted.
For further support with assignment submissions, please visit Brightspace Student Support: Submitting Assignments.
- Spring/Summer 2022
Instructor Course Term Laura Gagne CLCV 1002 A Early Summer Murray Sang BUSI 2208 A Early Summer Dominique Marshall HIST 1302 A Early Summer Emily Gray BUSI 2005 R Full Summer Carol Manseau SOWK 1002 V Late Summer
- Fall 2022
Instructor Course Yuliya Melnyk BUSI 2204 A Laura Gagne CLCV/HIST 2902 A Randi Klebanoff ARTH 3100 A Edana Cassol HLTH 1000 A Murray Sang BUSI 2208 C Troy Joseph ECON 1001 E & D Zeba Crook RELI 2220 A Dave McKenney COMP 1405 Z Dave McKenney COMP 1406 Z Lisa Menard PSYC 3507 A Nalini Ramlakhan PHIL 1550 A Omeasoo Wahpasiw INDG 3015 A Peter Coffman ARTH 1200 A Papagena Robbins FILM 2106 Kathy Armstrong MUSI 2008 A Patrick Coe ECON 1001 A Justin Paulson SOCI 3006 A Chris Rogers ERTH 2314 Margaret Kersten ESLA 1500 B Pablo Mendez GEOG 2200 A & T Pablo Mendez GEOG 1023 A Chris Rogers ERTH 3003 Vandna Bhatia PSCI 2701 A Daniel Gulanowski BUSI 1701 A Erin Tolley FYSM 1611 B Amanda Bullock PSYC 4909 C & D Derek Mueller GEOG 3105 A Zeba Crook RELI 1710 A
- Fall 2022/Winter 2023
Instructor Course Richard Nimijean CDNS 1001 A & R Megan Moran BUSI 5998 A Elaine Waddington Lamont FYSM 1310 H Mark MacLeod FYSM 1607 A Lisa Menard FYSM 1310 F Brent Bezo FYSM 1310 B Brent Bezo PSYC 3300 B
- Winter 2023
Instructor Course Philip Kaisary LAWS 3104 A Laura Gagne CLCV 1003 B Laura Gagne CLCV 1002 B Troy Joseph ECON 1002 E & D Chris Rogers ENSC 2001 Chris Rogers ERTH 2104 Lindsay Richardson PSYC 1001 H Jill Wigle GEOG 3209 Jill Wigle GEOG 3023 Emily Gray BUSI 2005 R Emily Gray BUSI 1004 B, C, D, E, F, G & H Beth Martin SOWK 1002 B Brian Foss ARTH 1101 B Birgit Hopfener ARTH 2106 Murray Sang BUSI 2208 D & E Amanda Bullock PSYC 4909 C & D Amanda Bullock PSYC 4910 C & D Elizabeth Friesen PSCI 1100 B Margaret Kersten ESLA 1500 G