|Phone:||613-520-2600 x 1551|
|Office:||4144 Mackenzie Building|
|Website:||Visit Professor Steele's Website|
Nonlinear optical fibre; optical switching; optical bistability and instabilities; fibre gratings; mode-locking of fibre lasers; simulation of photonic systems.
Microcontroller systems for biomedical and unmanned airborne systems.
Engineering education: Development of undergraduate courses, including curriculum, delivery and assessment. Especially with design or project courses.
Learning spaces: Design and development of informal learning spaces including virtual learning spaces.
Nonlinear optical fibre: Optical pulse generation and shaping. Optical switching, bistability and instability or chaos.
Microcontroller systems: Application in gait analysis.
• Director for the Discovery Centre for Undergraduate Research and Engagement, Carleton University, 2013 – 2019.
• Interim Associate Vice-President (Teaching and Learning), Carleton University, 2012.
• Special Assistant to the Provost, Student Academic Enrichment, Carleton University, 2011 – 2013.
• Associate Dean Student Affairs, Faculty of Engineering and Design, Carleton University,2008-2010.
• First Year Officer in Engineering, Faculty of Engineering and Design, Carleton University, 2007 – 2008.