Please do not submit an online application without approval from a faculty member. Please visit our faculty webpage for contact information.
What additional information do I need before I apply?
- General Regulations
- Admission Requirements
- Admission Requirements: International Students
- Language Requirement: The language of instruction at Carleton is English. For admission into Carleton’s graduate programs, you will need to demonstrate that your knowledge and use of English are strong enough for graduate studies at an English-language university.
- Department deadlines for applications – February 1 for Fall Term admission; November 1 for Winter and Spring Term admissions.
- Funding: Prospective graduate students are considered for financial support at the time their application is considered. In order to be considered for the first round of funding (financial support), we recommend that all documents be received by February 1st of each year for Fall admission. M.Sc. and Ph.D. students (Canadian citizens and landed immigrants) may receive a stipend which is comprised of a teaching assistantship, scholarship, and research assistantship.
- Other information for International Students: The Graduate International Student Admissions website provides detailed information on study permits, language requirements, expenses, employment conditions, immigration, and student services. The International Student Services Office (ISSO) is an important source of information for you, offering assistance with orientation to life in Canada, immigration procedures, health insurance, and finances.
Note: If you are applying for admission from outside of Canada, you should do so at least five months before the desired date of admission in order to make the necessary visa arrangements.
|Transcript(s)||All post-secondary transcripts are required|
|Letters of Reference||Two (2) are required and should be submitted by former professors (preferably your project/thesis supervisors), or qualified persons at your place of employment.|
|Statement of Intent||One (1) is required. This should outline your background and experience in biology in one page.|
|Preference Form||One (1) is required. This form is available in the online application under “Supplementary Forms”|
|CV/Resumé||One (1) is required. Your CV/Resumé should include a list of publications, if applicable.|
|Language Proficiency (ESL Test Scores)||Required, if applicable. For Carleton’s ESL requirements and policies, please visit the ESL Requirements website.|