Healthy Workplace and Learning & Professional Development are collaborating to offer this virtual Stress Management Group Workshop Series, led by Dr. Erin O’Farrell, C.Psych. Our aim is to provide support to Carleton University faculty and staff in the form of a series of group sessions that focus on skills to manage stress and anxiety, as well as to adjust to working from home. This groups are open to all Carleton University faculty and staff who want to connect with colleagues and share current experiences while developing strategies to manage current stressors and improve coping.
If you are interested, please read below to find out more.
- Stress and anxiety management which will include the following:
- Introduction to stress and anxiety
- Relaxation strategies to help manage stress and anxiety (e.g., relaxation breathing, progressive muscle relaxation, etc.)
- Behavioural strategies to help with stress and anxiety (e.g., exercise, diet, social interaction, pleasurable activities, etc.)
- Introduction to mindfulness
- Learning how to tolerate uncertainty and other difficult emotions
- Working from home which will include the following:
- Group discussions regarding current challenges
- Group problem solving to help address current challenges
- Setting up a routine
- Maintaining work-life balance
How will the group meetings be structured?
- Number of participants: 8 – 10 members (faculty and staff)
- Number of sessions: six weekly sessions, each lasting 60 minutes
- Dates and times: the group will run from Wednesday, November 11 to Wednesday, December 16, at 2:30PM
- Commitment: Participants are expected to commit to attending all six sessions
- Platform for meeting: Microsoft Teams
- Dates for the sessions include:
- Wednesday, Nov 11 (2:30PM)
- Wednesday, Nov 18 (2:30PM)
- Wednesday, Nov 25 (2:30PM)
- Wednesday, Dec 2 (2:30PM)
- Wednesday, Dec 9 (2:30PM)
- Wednesday, Dec 16 (2:30PM)
What happens after I register?
Space in this group is limited. Once registered, you will be sent an invitation through Microsoft Teams to attend the sessions.
Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any further questions or inquiries.
** Are you a parent? We are also hosting Stress Management Group Workshop Series for Parents. Find out more here.
** Are you a faculty member? We are also hosting Stress Management Group Workshop Series for Faculty. Find out more here.
How Do I Sign Up?
Registration for this group is now closed. If you’re interested in being contacted about future group workshops, please email email@example.com.
Please Note: This group is a workshop or a psychoeducational group that is intended to provide general information about stress, anxiety, and adjusting to working from home. If you are in need of or seeking more individualized support, please see the resources below:
- Carleton’s Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Family doctor or walk-in clinics
- Psychologist (to find a psychologist in the Ottawa area)
- Social Worker
Reduced fee services:
- Counselling and Family Service Ottawa (CFS)
- Centre for Psychological Services and Research (CPSR): 613-562-5289
- Counselling Centre (St. Paul University): 613-782-3022
- Ottawa Institute for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy : 613-820-9931
- Centre for Interpersonal Relationships
If you are in need of immediate help/support – Call a distress helpline:
- Crisis Line (Ottawa): 613-722-6914 or toll free 1-866-996-0991
- Distress Centre (Ottawa): 613-238-3311
- Youth Services Bureau Crisis Line: 613-260-2360 or 1-877-337-7775
- Call 911 or go to a Hospital Emergency Department