We have contracted executive search firm Laverne Smith & Associates to assist us with this search.
Friday, January 24, 2020
Provide Your Input in the Search for a New University Librarian
To All Members of the Carleton Community, I am pleased to announce that the Advisory Search Committee for the University Librarian has been formed. A list of committee members is...
Thursday, January 16, 2020
Amber Lannon Starts Term as Interim University Librarian
Effective Jan. 1, 2020, Amber Lannon took on the role of Interim University Librarian until June 2020. Prior to this role, she served as Carleton’s Associate University Librarian...
Advisory Search Committee
- Jerry Tomberlin, Provost and Vice-President (Academic) and Chair
- Anne Bowker, Associate Dean (Student Affairs and Enrolment), Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences; Chair, Senate Library Committee (faculty representative)
- Jennifer Browning, Discovery Systems Librarian, Library Technology Services (librarian representative)
- Martha Attridge Bufton, Interdisciplinary Studies Librarian/Reference Librarian (Indigenous and Canadian Studies), Research Support Services (librarian representative)
- Rafik Goubran, Vice-President (Research and International) (senior administration/faculty representative)
- Lloyd Keane, Archives and Rare Book Coordinator, MacOdrum Library (professional services staff representative)
- Amanda Roberts, PhD Candidate, Political Science (graduate student representative)
- Patrice Smith, Dean, Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs (dean representative)
- Cindy Taylor, Assistant Vice-President (Human Resources) (senior administration representative)
- Paul Van Geel, Professor, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Faculty of Engineering and Design (faculty representative)
- Undergraduate Student Representative (TBD)
Committee Support: Laverne Smith, Laverne Smith & Associates, Executive Search Consultant; Rosemary O’Hearn, Executive Assistant to the Provost and Vice-President (Academic)