1. Click on the “Graduate Admissions” button on the bottom left hand side of the screen, which will lead you to the Graduate Admissions Page. Once there, select the “Apply Now” button, which will take you to the Carleton 360 page.
2. If you do not have a Carleton360 or MyCarletonOne (MC1) account, you will need to create one by clicking on “No Account? Register for Carleton 360”.
3. Once you have created your account, you will be able to log in to Carleton 360, using your email address.
4. Once logged in, you will be directed to the Carleton 360 home screen. From here, click on the “Apply Now” button on the right hand side of the screen.
5. Select the “Graduate Application” button to create a new application. Alternatively, if you already have an application in progress, you will see it below in the “In-Progress Applications” tab.
A. If you are creating a new application, you will need to select your program, starting with the program level (Master’s or Doctoral).
i. Next, you will select your department as Psychology
ii. Then, you will select your degree as a Master of Arts or Doctor of Philosophy
iii. Once you have selected the above two (2) options, you will not need to enter any key words. Click on the Search Now button.
iv. Select the option in the search results for either a Master of Arts: Psychology or Doctor of Philosophy: Psychology
v. Next, please select your term of application, and click on the Apply button
6. You will need to complete all sections in your application, including the following:
A. Program Details
i. Expected course enrollment (i.e. full time or part time studies)
B. Personal Information
C. Academic History
i. This section includes entering information about your academic history as well as uploading PDFs of your transcripts now, or at a later date (before the deadline).
D. Experience and Interests
i. This is where you select up to THREE (3) potential supervisors. You are advised to contact potential supervisors before the application deadline to find out about their availability to supervise. You can find our research areas here.
ii. You may also upload your Statement of Intent and Resumé/CV in this section now, or at a later date (before the deadline). You can find more information on the required documents for your application here.
E. Test Scores
i. This section is where you can report and upload any test scores, including English Language Proficiency scores, which you can also upload at a later date (before the deadline).
ii. You may find more information regarding our required test scores here.
i. In order to complete your application, you will need to provide the contact information for 2 referees. A referee is a faculty member with whom you have studied and is able to assess your potential for graduate level study and research. Ensure that the referee information provided on your application is accurate. Referees will be contacted once your application has been submitted.
G. Source of Interest
i. This is an optional section to fill out for statistical purposes only.
i. Once you submit your application, you will not be able to modify it.
I. After you submit your online application you will be asked to pay the non-refundable application fee of $100.00. This fee is payable to Carleton University and can be paid by INTERAC Online or Credit Card. Once your fee payment has been processed, you will be redirected to a Confirmation page. Within 1-3 business days, you will receive an email with further instructions and information.
i. Once the application has been submitted and your application fee has been processed, it cannot be modified.
ii. Applications are considered complete when the online application form has been submitted (and paid), required supporting documents have been uploaded, and reference forms have been submitted electronically by your referees.
Questions? Please visit our application FAQs here.
For more information on the application process, please visit the graduate admissions website here.
Only complete application packages will be reviewed if submitted by the following dates:
- January 15 for fall term to be considered for funding and admission
- August 1 for winter term for international students to be considered for funding and admission
- August 31 for fall term to be considered for funding and admission if funds and space remain
- November 1 for winter term for domestic students to be considered for funding and admission