As the University is committed to the integrity of its student records, students are required to provide their complete, legal name, either on their application for admission or on personal data forms required for registration.

Any requests to change a name, by means of alternation, deletion, substitution or addition, must be accompanied by appropriate supporting documentation (for example: passport, birth certificate, marriage license, legal change of name documentation).

If you are a Carleton University student and you wish to make a name change, please contact the¬†Registrar’s Office.

Members of university staff or faculty who wish to make such changes should contact Human Resources.