As the fall term draws to a close, Teaching and Learning Services (TLS) has some tips and resources to help you get ready for finals:
- Check out the TLS Brightspace Channel for short video tours: Watch 5-8 minute video tours on how to submit assignments, take quizzes and view grades. You’ll learn tips and tricks for completing your assessments and accessing the grades when they’re ready. Learn about the interface early so you’ll be a pro by the time finals arrive.
- Know how to troubleshoot error messages: Two common reasons students receive error messages include blocked cookies and browser caching woes. If you’re encountering error messages in Brightspace or other Carleton tools, try clearing your browser cache and cookies or enable cookies in your browser.
- Update to the latest version of Zoom: Update your Zoom app to the latest version to take advantage of the latest features and settings. The app offers a fuller, more feature rich experience over a browser-based session.
Other reminders and updates:
- Course visibility for winter: Course visibility is always a hot topic at the start of the term. If your winter term course isn’t showing up yet, there may be a few different factors at play. Your course may not have started yet, or your instructor may not have opened the course yet. Read more about Course Visibility and Access on the Brightspace Student Support site.
- New features in Brightspace: Brightspace updates every month with new features and functions. Did you know that users are now able to indicate pronouns in their account settings? Visit the support page on Adding pronouns in Brightspace for instructions and resources.
If you have any questions, D2L provides on-demand technical support 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year via email, chat and phone. For assistance with email, network or login issues, please contact the ITS Service Desk. You can also visit the Brightspace Student Support website for instructions for basic course tasks.