Is this your first time using Brightspace? Learning a new system can be a challenge at first, so be sure to check out these resources and suggestions to help you get started:
- Visit the Brightspace Student Support website: This resource is available directly within your course under the Help menu in the Brightspace navbar. On the site, you can find instructions for basic course tasks, such as changing notification settings, using the Brightspace Pulse app, submitting assignments and viewing grades. The site is a great starting point for technical questions.
- Check out the Brightspace Student channel in Mediaspace: Here you’ll find a short video tour of Brightspace and demonstrations of how to complete a quiz and how to submit assignments, among other things.
- Sign up for the Online Learning Orientation: Through the orientation, you can explore the new system while reviewing strategies to help you succeed in online courses.
The more you explore the new system, the more confident you’ll become. Take some time to get to know Brightspace and if you have any questions, D2L provides on-demand technical support 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year via email, chat and phone. For assistance with email, network or login issues, please contact the ITS Service Desk.
If you’re looking for support, you might find an answer to your question below. We’ve compiled some of the most common Brightspace questions students ask at the start of term.
- Why can’t I see my course in Brightspace?
If you’ve logged into Brightspace and your course is not showing up, there may be a few reasons: Your registration may not be processed, the course may not be active or it may not have started yet. Learn more here.
- Why am I getting an error message when using BigBlueButton or H5P?
If you are experiencing issues when using BigBlueButton or H5P in Brightspace, we recommend enabling cookies in your web browser.
- Why am I getting so many course notifications?
By default, students receive regular notifications for their course, such as notifications for announcements and new grades. You can customize your notifications to best suit your needs.