Fulbright Canada Visiting Research Chairs are pre-arranged affiliations that allow scholars to conduct research/lecture on subjects important to that university. Partner universities are excited to welcome the Fulbright Visiting Chairs into campus life and encourage them to engage with students, faculty, and the broader community. Fulbright Visiting Research Chairs can guest lecture in university courses, mentor students, lecture in public venues, network, and promote their research, while representing the Fulbright program, and their home and host institutions.
- Canadian Citizens (Permanent resident is not sufficient).
- Hold a Ph.D. or equivalent professional/terminal degree as appropriate.
- Applicants who will not have a Ph.D. in hand at the time they would take up their award, should they be successful in the competition, must apply to the Fulbright Canada Student Program
- Candidates outside academia (e.g., professionals, artists) with recognized professional standing and substantial professional accomplishments.
- Be proficient in English.
- Be in compliance with all J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board (FFSB) guidelines.
- Be in compliance with all governmental regulations regarding visas, immigration, travel and residence.
- award is valued at $25,000 for one semester beginning either September or January
- Full details regarding the Canadian Visiting Research Chairs opportunity
|CORIS Deadline for Internal Review||Please contact Heloise Emdon|
|cuResearch Checklist Deadline||November 8, 2017|
|Submission to Sponsor||November 15, 2017|
Submitting Your Checklist
- Checklists must be submitted via cuResearch, through which the Departmental and Associate Dean’s approval must be provided to complete the online application process.
- More information on cuResearch can be found here.
If you would like assistance with proposal development and/or a substantive review of your proposal, please contact Heloise Emdon.