Upcoming Career Events & Resources
KPMG Transaction Services Summer Series 2022
|Date: August 7, 2022, 12:00 AM to 11:59 PM
Event 1: Leader Panel
Date: Tuesday August 16th, 2022
Time: 2:00PM – 4:15PM EST
Event 2: Day in the Life
Date: Monday August 22nd, 2022
Time: TBD (Afternoon-Evening)
Location: KPMG Toronto Bay-Adelaide Center
Your future at KPMG awaits – Learn for a lifetime!
Are you ready to start your journey with KPMG?
During the Transaction Services summer series, you will experience 2 days of industry and leadership insights, and have networking opportunities to discover where a career at KPMG can take you.
At KPMG in Canada, we believe our differences make us stronger. Our KPMG teams are a diverse group of professionals with a common goal – making an impact and driving innovation.
Your future at KPMG awaits – Learn for a lifetime!
TS Summer Series Details:
Participants must be available to attend both the sessions.
Selected participants will be sent further communication.
Who Should Apply?
This summer series is designed for students who are interested in learning more about the Transaction Services group within KPMG’s Deal Advisory practice.
- You are a highly motivated individual who enjoys taking on a variety of challenges
- You are passionate about being involved in your local community and university
- You are interested in a career at KPMG’s GTA offices starting in 2023
- Career opportunities include full-time, internship and co-op roles.
- You have excellent problem-solving skills which help to identify issues and generate solutions.
- You have a strong sense of personal accountability and are focused on achieving your personal and career goals.
- All applications must be received no later than Sunday August 7th, 2022 at 11:59pm EST.
Please apply directly to KPMG Careers.
Applications must include a resume, cover letter, and an electronic copy of your most recent transcript.
Please combine your cover letter, resume, and transcript documents into one PDF file before submitting your application via the link above.
Nestlé YOUth Month (Multiple Dates)
|Date: August 9, 2022, 12:00 AM to 11:59 PM
- Tuesday August 9th – Personal Branding, LinkedIn & Networking 101 workshop. The Power of YOU Welcome Ceremony.
- Friday August 12th – innovation workshop.
- Monday August 15th – Mindfulness 101.
- Wednesday August 17th – Confidence, Resiliency & Pitching youself workshop. Career Exploration Fair.
- Monday August 22nd – Winning with words: resume tips and tricks. Meet our senior leaders.
- Thursday August 25th – BRAVER leadership. Women in Leadership Panel & Networking.
- Wednesday August 31st – YOUth @ NestleNestlé Canada is proud to virtually host our first-ever Nestlé YOUth Month. With the support of our incredible partners CEE, MyStartr, L’Oreal, Headspace, & Girls with Impact. We look forward to providing networking opportunities with Nestlé employees and our partners, so you can learn more about upcoming opportunities. We will also host a wide range of workshops and events to support youth to broaden their overall knowledge and to help them to kick start their career.
As always, Nestlé needs YOUth is committed to helping young people to fulfill their ambitions and to positively contribute to the growth for the Canadian market and Nestlé.
LinkedIn Learning and Skill Building Workshop for Jobseekers with Disabilities
|Date: August 10, 2022, 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM
The Employment Accessibility Resource Network (EARN) is excited to be hosting a LinkedIn Learning and Skill Building workshop on Wednesday, August 10, 2022, from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
The purpose of this workshop is to provide job seekers with disabilities information on why and how to use LinkedIn as a platform to make themselves noticeable and attractive to recruiters. Service providers are most welcome to join.
This will be a great opportunity to learn about the different techniques that can be used to leverage LinkedIn in helping find meaningful employment, as well as learning how to create an effective profile, build connections, and network.
What’s in it for you?
Recruiters find LinkedIn to be one of the most effective ways to recruit candidates. To get noticed by recruiters, LinkedIn helps you create your own personal brand and allows for others within your network to endorse your skills, which is a very effective way to highlight your skills, experiences, qualifications, and strengths. By the end of the workshop, you will have gained the skills and knowledge needed to create that noticeable profile.
- Date: Wednesday, August 10, 2022.
- Time: 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. EST
- Venue: Virtual – a Zoom link will be emailed to you after registration.
- Housekeeping and Introduction
- Presentation on LinkedIn: Marco Ritondo – Manager of Employer Engagement, World Skills
- The Employer Perspective
- Networking session
- Wrap and Adjourn
Eventbrite Link to Register: LinkedIn Learning and Skill Building Workshop
Requests for accommodation can be indicated on the ticket during registration or by contacting EARN directly (email@example.com or 613-683-3878). While we will do our best to fulfill requests received at any time, please note that requests will most effectively be supported if submitted early, and if possible, by Monday, August 1st, 2022.
If you require any further help, please do not hesitate to contact us at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer Insight Week: A Wiley Edge Experiential Learning Program
|Date: August 10-12, 2022, 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Summer Insight Week: a Wiley Edge Experiential Learning Program
Get an insider’s perspective of what it is like to work in technology and business roles at Wiley Edge, while also earning module credits for use post-graduation when you apply to Wiley Edge!
The Experiential Learning Program will include sessions from industry experts in the field of technology, and banking as well as skills-based sessions working on team building, leadership, and confidence skills.
When: 11am-3pm EST August 10th, 11th, & 12th, 2022
What you need:
- Studying Computer Science, STEM, or Business related field
- Expected graduation date by May 2023
- Excellent analytical and numeracy skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Eagerness to learn and develop new skills
What you’ll receive:
- Interactive training with a diverse group of like-minded graduates, delivered by experts with working knowledge of the field.
- QA panels with current trainees, on-site employee teams, and employees who have already converted to full-time with our client partners.
- QA panels with current Wiley Edge client partner managers/senior leadership
- Insights into the various Wiley Edge training pathways.
- Completion credits/badge for modules included in the Wiley Edge training pathways, giving you fast-tracked priority into the Wiley Edge post-graduation.
- Join the Wiley Edge network and be kept up to date on future opportunities.
- Invaluable industry experience and the opportunity to learn more about a career in a desirable and competitive industry.
- Please note that Insight Week will be done virtually.
What you’ll do:
The goal of the Wiley Edge Experiential Learning Program is to not only educate but also upskill and provide participants with an insight into the day-to-day of an Wiley Edge employee. Some examples of the activities you will do are below:
- Develop your ability in programming
- QA sessions with current Wiley Edge employees
- Where are they now? – Former Wiley Edge employees share what their career trajectory has been post working for Wiley Edge
- Group exercises/Team projects
- QA with current clients (Fortune 500-Senior level managers)
- Learn how Technology fits within our Corporate Partners
- Interview techniques, resume critique, and Diversity Equity Inclusion training for new professionals.
- Help to understand your career options or career pathways
- And many, many more!
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and submit answers to the following questions:
- How did you first become interested in technology? Or Business?
- What do you do in your spare time to encourage your passion for technology or Business?
- Why you want to attend Wiley Edge’s Insight Week?
Please email your resume and responses to the questions above to Luis Amaro – Luis.Amaro@WileyEdge.com
BMO Enterprise Campus Recruitment
|Date: August 10, 2022, 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Did you know that we host a virtual Recruiter Ask Me Anything session once a month to help students get a head start on achieving their goals? During this virtual session, we’ll provide students with an overview of the bank and our culture, our recruitment timelines and process, as well as tips to stand out as a candidate. We’ll also have a Q&A segment so that students can ask any questions of their own!
Duration: 60 minutes
Hosts: Members of the Enterprise Campus Recruitment Team
Time: 3:00pm – 4:00pm
Link to Register: https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en/leadpage?formId=nokl55iiro6k2lor9n0qhi71nl&eventScheduleId=621ff181e21b840009885399
How to join us:
• Click the link to register
• Come prepared with questions
VectorSolv Recruiting Event
Date: August 10, 2022, 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM
Calling all co-op and final year students!
VectorSolv specializes in building cloud-based, B2B warranty management solutions. We power the generation of warranty software through insights from big data.
We are a strong team looking for creative and dynamic professionals ready to work within a fast-paced, Agile environment.
This recruitment session will include TED Talk style presentation by Director of Operations, Brian Burke, where he will discuss what he looks for when hiring and relevant technical skills or other (depending on position). Other people you will hear from include: Chief Product Officer, Rubina Lakhani, CTO Alex D’Aoust and/or VP of Software Engineering, Felix Poitras.
Students will have the opportunity to meet with these professionals and submit resumes.
Register for the event here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/vectorsolv-co-op-final-year-recruiting-tickets-391281151457
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada Career Fair
|Date: August 16, 2022, 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM
The Jobs Canada is a national career fair created to provide employment opportunities to all sorts of professionals across Canada. There are several government departments participating in this event and it is an amazing opportunity for students and new graduates to network with our representatives and learn about our mandate and jobs available! IRCC will be there recruiting for our Foreign Service Development Program.
A bit about our Foreign Service Development Program…
The Foreign Service Development Program is a paid training program designed to transition into the role of Migration Foreign Service Officer. Migration Foreign Service Officers spends approximately two-thirds of their careers overseas, participating in application processing, risk assessment, engagement, and migration diplomacy activities. The majority of assignments are overseas where day-to-day life can be very different – and often more challenging – than in Canada (such as in the Philippines, India, Turkey, Senegal, Mexico and China). A career as a migration Foreign Service Officer is one that is very rewarding and exciting, while having a meaningful impact around the world.
Ottawa Jobs Canada Fair
August 16th, 2022
Registration Cost: FREE