Apply for Co-op!
Applying to Carleton Co-op can either be done through OUAC when applying to an undergraduate program, or eligible undergraduate and graduate students can apply on mySuccess. Find out below if you are eligible to apply for Carleton Co-op and how to do so!
- Undergraduate Students
Please ensure that your program is eligible for co-op by checking the Undergraduate Program list.
Applying to Co-op
CGPA and Prerequisite Requirements
In order to be considered for admission into the Co-op Program, there are certain requirements that you must meet. Specific requirements for your program can be found online in the Co-operative Education section of the Undergraduate Calendar
- All students must be registered as a full-time student (2.0 credits per term) in an Honours program that has a co-op option
- All programs with a Co-op option have a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) requirement. This minimum varies by program, between a 7.0 (B-) and a 9.5 (B+), with most programs requiring an 8.0 (B). This is a continuing requirement throughout the Co-op Program, meaning that students must maintain the minimum CGPA throughout their participation in the Co-op Program.
- Some programs include prerequisite course requirements for Co-op Program admission.
Admission Entry Points
- Each program has several possible entry points into the Co-op Program. Here you can view the first possible entry point by degree program.
- If you have applied to the Co-op Program through OUAC, we will review your eligibility prior to your program’s first entry point, and will contact you via your Carleton email with an admission decision and next steps. If you are not eligible for admission, you may have another opportunity later in your studies. We will contact you once again at the next entry point for your program.
- If you did not apply or were not admitted to Carleton with the co-op option on your degree, you can submit an online application within the deadlines noted below and based on the entry points for your degree program.
Undergraduate student co-op applications are submitted via mySuccess for those students who were not admitted to Carleton with the co-op option.
Winter 2023 applications for a first work term in Fall 2023 or Winter 2024 are now CLOSED.
Applications for a first work term in Summer 2024 will open at the start of the summer term.
If applicable, please submit your application on mySuccess.
- Graduate Students
A list co-op eligible degree programs at the graduate level and the specific requirements for each program can be found here: Graduate Program.
Applying to Co-op
Graduate student co-op applications are submitted via mySuccess.
Audit reviews take place in early September for January work terms, in early January for May work terms and in early May for September work terms to determine eligibility for co-op participation.
Students will be contacted through their Carleton Cmail account with an admission decision shortly after the audit review. If admitted to co-op, this email will contain information on how to proceed with a first co-op work term.
Additionally, students will receive access to Co-op Preparation Workshops to support them in their co-op job search. COOP1000 is for undergraduate students only, therefore graduate students cannot register for it.
Winter 2023 applications for a first work term in Summer 2023 are now CLOSED.
We are now accepting Summer 2023 applications for a first work term in Fall 2023.
Summer applications will close on April 30th, 2023.
Please submit your application on mySuccess.
Share: Twitter, Facebook
Short URL: https://carleton.ca/co-op/?p=159