International students who meet the co-op admission requirements for their degree program are welcome to participate in Co-operative Education at Carleton.

Note: Federal government departments and agencies give preference to Canadian citizens.

The Carleton University Co-op Program application process and the fees charged for program participation are the same for international and domestic students.

To be eligible to work in Canada, international students must be in possession of a valid Co-op Work Permit. The following information details the application process and the timeline for when students are provided with their Co-op Letter of Support.