Top 10 Reasons to Choose Carleton’s Co-op Program
Whether you’re in high school, or in your first year of university studies wondering whether or not co-op is right for you, here are some benefits to enrolling in co-operative education.
- You are well supported by a team of career specialists to guide you through your co-op journey.
- You will expand your network and make the valuable connections needed for the world of work after you graduate.
- You’ll be well prepared. Our prep course – COOP1000 – will teach you all the things you need to know before you embark upon your first work term, such as how to write a good resumé.
- Employers love the Carleton co-op program because of our no-ranking/no-matching hiring process; which only benefits your job search!
- Co-operative Education and Career Services’ information sessions, career fairs, and networking events will help you meet experienced – and hiring – professionals in your field.
- Our students have told us that co-operative education has given them the chance to solve real-world problems – and see the positive impact of their work!
- Co-operative Education at Carleton allows students to gain between 12 and 20 months’ work experience; a significant amount of time to see how your skills transfer to the workplace and develop career goals.
- Co-operative Education is available in a wide selection of Graduate and Undergraduate programs at Carleton.
- Co-operative Education will help you identify areas of personal growth.
- You get paid!