Carleton University Retirees Association (CURA)
CURA is an association of retired Carleton faculty, librarians, managers and staff. The purpose and objectives of the organization can be summarized as including:
- Maintaining social contacts between former colleagues and co-workers;
- Maintaining links between retirees and their former employer and facilitating ways in which retirees can play a role in the life of the university;
- Pursuing benefits for members;
- Sharing information on issues of particular interest to Carleton retirees, e.g. pensions and benefits, as well as information on broader societal issues that affect older citizens, e.g. healthy aging.
- Advocacy on issues that are of common interest to our members
- Within our limited resources, promoting useful engagement in society by our members.