ECOR 2995: Engineering Portfolio
All BEng students in a 2019 or later calendar year program are required to complete an Engineering portfolio. In this course, students are asked to reflect on their skills, strengths, and weaknesses as preparation for the professional practice course ECOR 4995. Engineering students must submit samples of their writing and communications, and personal reflections for each.
Benefits of completing a portfolio
- Building a portfolio as a student will create an additional resource for you to share when you’re applying for jobs.
- With a cuPortfolio link added to your resume, you have the ability to share your best coursework with potential employers in order to demonstrate your knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Reflecting on work completed will further develop your metacognitive skills.
- This is a mandatory prerequisite requirement for ECOR 4995: Professional Practice.
Students will be granted access to a cuPortfolio collection of ECOR 2995 templates which require students to upload four samples of coursework completed in first, second, or third year courses that meet the following requirements:
- one laboratory report from a science or engineering course (from 1st, 2nd or 3rd year)
- one writing assignment/essay from Complementary Studies Elective or from CDNS 2400. ARCH 1000, ARCH 4200 (from 1st, 2nd or 3rd year)
- one engineering, math, or science assignment (from 2nd or 3rd year)
- one Engineering design or technical report (from 3rd year)
- one sample of your notes from a lecture (from 2nd or 3rd year)
Upon uploading these samples of work, students will respond to reflection prompts.
Recommended timeline for completing portfolio
During 2nd year: Review Brightspace Engineering Portfolio course materials and cuPortfolio requirements, including reflection prompts.
2nd and 3rd year: Upload samples and submit reflections into cuPortfolio.
End of 3rd year (by April): Submit completed cuPortfolio; once verified the Engineering Portfolio administrator will contact you with instructions to register in ECOR 2995.