The best way to get to know Carleton is to interact with our students, faculty members and facilities. We offer a number of ways for high school students, parents and teachers to explore engineering and design.
Come to Campus
- Request an engineering tour or meet a faculty member. (Please schedule at least five days in advance.)
- Attend a Saturday Engineering and Design Session, running every fall.
- Be an engineer for a day. Shadow an engineering student through our Carleton Engineering Mentorship Program (CEMP).
- Book a general university tour.
- Attend an event on campus.
- Sign up for our Physics or Advanced Functions high school support program (winter semester only).
- Register for the Robots Rule workshop on code for 3PI robots.
- Attend or volunteer with Virtual Ventures camps and clubs.
We’ll Come to You!
- Chat live in one-on-one chat sessions every Tuesday from 2:30 to 4:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (GMT-5). We are happy to answer your questions live or by email.
- Take a virtual tour.
- Bring engineering to your high school classroom. Recent Carleton engineering graduates can present to your math, science, physics or careers class on our undergraduate engineering programs, co-op and job opportunities, and more. (Email us for information.)
- Request a mentor for your robotics club. (Email us for information.)
The Faculty of Engineering and Design Liaison Office can answer your questions about undergraduate programs and help you explore the Faculty. Contact:
7064 Minto Centre
613-520-2600 ext. 1721
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter for prospective students, their parents, and teachers.
Each month you’ll learn about events and programs you can take part in, and read about the experience of co-op students, scholarship recipients, recent graduates and student researchers.