What we do
The Office of Pension Fund Management is accountable for the effective management of the Carleton University Retirement Fund. Our goals are:
- to manage the Fund with a high standard of care and in accordance with legislation, recognizing the needs of all stakeholders in the Retirement Plan,
- to maintain the security of the Fund assets by establishing appropriate internal controls and monitoring the investment managers and trustee,
- to provide leadership to the Pension Committee and the University in providing a highly regarded Retirement Plan that provides a reasonable rate of return on investments and a stable funding rate for the University with an acceptable degree of risk,.
- to ensure the effective operation of the Pension Committee by planning and chairing all regular and special meetings of the Committee, and advising the Committee members on a variety of pension and investment issues,
- to communicate effectively about important Plan matters with the Plan membership.
If you have questions about the Retirement Fund or Pension Committee matters, please contact us.
- Statement of Investment Policies and Procedures for the Trust Fund Created under the Carleton University Retirement Plan – SIPP
- Excerpt from the Statement of Investment Policies and Procedures for the Trust Fund Created under the Carleton University Retirement Plan –Responsible Investing Policy