- Undergraduate or Graduate Admission
- Incoming Exchange
- WINTER 2020 Exchange Student Welcome Event
- Incoming Study Abroad at Carleton
- The Carleton Campus
If you would like to apply to do a full degree at Carleton University, please visit the admissions website:
To attend Carleton University as an exchange student, your university must have an exchange agreement with Carleton and you must be nominated for exchange by the international office at your home institution. Exchange students study at Carleton for a single semester or for a full academic year while paying tuition to their home institution (see what scholarships may be available to incoming exchange students).
- Review the Student Exchange Program brochure
- Check to see if your University is on our partner institutions list.
- If your home institution is one of our exchange partners, learn more about the nomination/application process and download the application form.
- If you have received the Letter of Acceptance to study on exchange at Carleton University, please visit our Pre-Arrival Information page and our Orientation page for information on your next steps.
If you have questions about the incoming Student Exchange Program, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information presented at the Winter 2020 Exchange Welcome Event can be viewed here (PPT).
If your university is not on our partner institutions list, apply for the Study Abroad program to attend Carleton for a semester or year. Study Abroad students are required to pay international student fees to Carleton University.
Our students tell us that one of the things they like most about Carleton is the University’s friendly, caring atmosphere. You will find that our teaching and support staff is accessible and genuinely interested in helping you succeed.
Carleton is clean and safe. Our beautiful 62-hectare campus is just 15 minutes from the centre of the city. An extensive tunnel system links all buildings on campus, making Carleton one of the most accessible universities in the country. Just minutes away from campus are a host of unique research and study resources including the National Archives, the National Research Council, the National Arts Centre, the National Gallery, the Museum of Civilization and the Museum of Science and Technology are but a few examples.
Our students come from every province and territory in Canada and from over 147 countries around the world. Why do they choose Carleton? Our worldwide reputation for quality programs is usually an important factor in their decision.
If it is already confirmed that you will be attending Carleton University, please visit the Incoming Students page to see a checklist of what you should do before you arrive, and the Current International and Exchange students page to read about ISSO student services.